Share knowledge SHARING, strive for excellence EXCELLENCE, and grow together GROWTH at DEVIEW 2012.
DEVIEW, which started as NHN's internal event in 2008, has now grown into a conference for all developers in Korea over a short span of five years. In 2011, many influential Korean IT companies joined hands with NHN to share their ideas and insights of new technologies, and helped make DEVIEW Korea's leading developer's conference.
DEVIEW 2012 is Different.
Korean and international participants will lead numerous programs based on a wide variety of themes. The number of companies participating in DEVIEW 2012 surpasses that of last year and aims to offer sessions targeted to intermediate and advanced developers. Skilled developers from Korea and abroad come to DEVIEW to share their valuable experiences, and DEVIEW will continue to grow into an event for developers that offer a plethora of valuable contents.
01. Witness the alliance between Korea's IT companies, the academia and global IT companies.
Engineers from eight Korean IT companies, including NHN, and seven international companies have joined hands for DEVIEW 2012. Researcher from Korean universities will also participate in this year's DEVIEW to introduce technology that can be used in the IT industry.
- Paper sponsor
02. Meet 42 speakers who will talk about 42 different themes.
DEVIEW 2012 showcases seven tracks, each with six sessions that deal with the subject of the web, mobile, performance, database, large-capacity data processing, NoSQL, cloud, CPU computing and other advanced technology that can be used in the IT industry. Take an in-depth look at a wide variety of subjects with speakers who have come together especially for DEVIEW 2012.
* Details of each session are provided in the program. Use the session filter to find the session you are interested in.
03. Conference within a conference, SDEC 2012
SDEC(Seoul Data Engineering Camp), where Korean and global IT engineers talked about large-capacity data engineering, can be revisited at DEVIEW 2012 following last year's successful run.
* Sessions lead by international speakers will be held in English. Simultaneous interpretation is provided.
04. Meet the speakers, up close and personal, at BOF
Speakers and visitors can meet upfront to talk about questions that were not answered during the scheduled sessions, and share opinions on other subjects while networking at BOF(Birds of a Feather). BOF is held in four rooms located in the second floor after the scheduled sessions are completed. Don't miss BOF, which is as plentiful as the regular sessions.
05. We respect the spirit of openness and participation that open source embodies.
NHN launched the "Beautiful Hangul" campaign in 2008 to promote the value the Korean alphabet possesses as a source of knowledge and information. The "Nanum" font, which was distributed as a part of the campaign, was selected as the basic Hangul font for Ubuntu, the Linux based open source OS. Souvenirs that contain Ubuntu and "Nanum" font will be given to all DEVIEW visitors to show our respect towards the spirit of openness and participation open source embodies. NHN will continue to promote Hangul's qualities and beauty, and make efforts to contribute to open source and the software ecosystem.
DEVIEW 2012 Overview
Date: September 17, 2012 10:00 ~ 18:00
Venue: COEX Grand Ballroom 1F, 2F Map ›
Visitors: Approximately 1,800 people
Targets: SW developers, SW students, professors and graduate school students researching IT technology
- No admission fee is charged for DEVIEW 2012. Invitations will be sent to those who submit a registration form on the DEVEIW 2012 homepage, starting August 21, Tuesday. Invitations will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis, in the order of registration. (Registrations cannot be submitted on-site).
- Those who are unable to participate in DEVIEW 2012 can experience the event by watching videos of the sessions and lecture material used during the sessions. (Videos of track F and G, which are all minor sessions, are not available.)
- Live telecast, shuttle buses to the venue, and lunch is not provided. We would like to ask for your kind understanding.