CALL FOR SPEAKERS
The DEVIEW (DEvelopers' VIEW) conference is all about sharing, growth, and technical excellence, and now seeking speakers who are willing to share valuable experience and knowledge. For nine consecutive years, DEVIEW has grown to become a representative developer's conference in Korea with over 2000 attendees each year. Last year, participants ranging from domestic software powerhouse like NAVER to academic circles and global software giants such as Google, Facebook, Twitter have shared their knowledge and experience, making DEVIEW a premier conference experience for all participants.
This year's DEVIEW will be held for 2 days in September, and SDEC(Seoul Data Engineering Camp) will be organized on the second day under the theme of 'big data engineering.'
We would greatly appreciate your encouragement and support to the success of DEVIEW 2014 and look forward to sharing your valuable experience and knowledge.
- Date : September 29 - 30, 2014
- Venue : Lotte Hotel World, Seoul
- Organized by : NAVER
- Expected number of participants : Approx. 2000
- Participation : 30 IT companies and universities from Korea and abroad
View participants from 2013
- Submit your application/proposal for the period of anytime
from 2pm 2nd April to 6pm 30th June (KST, UTC+9:00)
- Selection notification by the end of July
|DAY1||Web||We are not accepting speaker submissions for DAY 1.|
|Programing in general, open- source, developer culture|
|DAY2||Multi-core computing||Many-core computing, concurrent computing (ex: Lockless algorithm), distributed system, GPU computing, performance and scalability|
|Big data||NoSQL, DBMS, distributed computing infrastructure, storage, caching, IDC innovation, low-power computing, analytics|
|Emerging technology||Speech recognition, Text-to-Speech, multimedia pattern recognition, SMT(statistical machine translation), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, 3D printer, Wearable Computing, Open Hardware, Internet of Things|
|Mini Sessions||Mini sessions for introducing your own projects such as open-source projects, projects utilizing OpenAPI and etc.
(including poster session and promotional table)
Presentation material guideline
- General overview of technology or promotion / marketing of certain technology is greatly discouraged
- You may want to give additional short talks or BOF session
Benefits (Travel grant)
- Promotional booths and complimentary conference registration
- Economy class round-trip airfare up to US$1400 (book your own flight) - will be reimbursed upon arrival
- Two hotel nights will be provided